Clearly I need to update this thing or discontinue it. While I'm waiting to decide, I'll say that I haven't remembered to take pictures of the house lately. It has progressed although I think we are entering the stage where works appears in slow motion. The inside trim, closets, baseboards, doors, painting, carpet, and so on will be going on now. Since one guy does all the trim work--and there is lots to do, we don't expect to be finishing up anytime soon.
Since we are being "evicted" from our lovely log cabin on Oct. 17, we looked a couple of possibilities yesterday for the remainder of our renthood. (Not sure about that word...) The first was another log cabin type but in Black Mountain (read: closer to stores). It smelled a little stuffy and had antiquated furniture but the master br was amazing--tall ceilings, nice big bed that looked comfortable. There was only one other room with a double or queen bed that did not look very comfortable (sorry Rach), and the living area was fairly small. It would work for just us but not too great for company. The other house looked so neat on the outside so we were hopeful....but inside, alghough it had probably 4 or 5 bedrooms and lots of beds, it was veeerrryyy antiquated--almost in a neat, visit your grandma way. It did have a scary basement (trying not to think extreme thoughts about that...) old, rickety stairs--and I didn't go past that. It did have some pretty heavy-duty locks on that...still....The 3rd house had a lock that we couldn't open so we may look at that later, or we might not--it didn't look too great--although it was way more modern. It just didn't look well taken care of... sooo. We'll have to get back to that.
We are expecting friends to visit today--Pam and Jim. We are not sure what we will do other than go out to lunch, visit the house, and then go out to dinner?? or grill steaks here...I vote to go out of course.
So, that's it for an update. Still no pictures, but maybe still this weekend...
No comments:
Post a Comment